faq - apexclean
Hot Water Extraction (generally referred to as Steam Cleaning), is the ideal method if you are concerned about exposure to volatile chemicals. Hot water, along with high-pressure cleaning or rinsing solution, is sprayed into the carpet fibers and simultaneously vacuumed out along with all the dirt and debris, using a powerful extractor.
Within a few hours, your carpet will be dry and ready for use. It’s recognized as the most effective method to remove dirt, pollutants, and residue from both soft and hard surfaces.
But don’t just take our word for it!
If you have any doubts, just find out from your carpet manufacturer. There are good reasons why almost every major carpet manufacturer recommends (often for warranty reasons) that you use hot water extraction to keep your home carpeting in good condition.
How long will it take to dry after standard steam (hot-water extraction) cleaning?
We can only give you a guesstimate and actual drying time may vary depending on Humidity, Temperature and Airflow. See the following methods for a fast drying,
- Natural drying by Weather Permitting: Drying time may vary from 6 hrs to 24 hrs in general (but in some cases it can be more than 72 hrs)
- Assisted Drying such as using an Air Mover Fan: Drying time may vary from 30 mins to 6 hrs in general (but in some cases it can take more than 24 hrs to dry)
3 -Keys for faster drying are “WARMER AIR, DRIER AIR and FASTER AIR-FLOW”
We highly recommend you to assist drying by using your / hired dehumidifiers, heaters, air conditioners and air mover fans (if you would like to hire from us, please inquire).
NB: Drying time for stain treatment, rugs, shaggy or long pile carpet & rugs or flood jobs may vary, sometimes it may take few days to dry depending on circumstances, in such cases we highly recommend you to use “Assisted Drying” process to avoid any possible complications or issues.
- It would be helpful if you do a light vacuuming before we arrive. (Also after the cleaning once it has completely dried.)
- You may wish to remove any small items from the area to be cleaned.
- It is important to help your carpets dry faster by opening your windows and doors (weather permitting) so that the fresh and dry air can assist the drying. You may also consider using your air conditioners, dehumidifiers or fans.
- You can walk on the carpet immediately after cleaning, but be careful to avoid any re-soiling from your street shoes.
- Since furniture can cause stains on damp carpet, protective pads should be placed under the furniture.
- Damp carpet can be slippery. Please be careful on the stairs and when walking from your freshly cleaned carpet to any hard surface.
We do recommend that you prepare your home before our technician arrives on site and keep it as tidy as you can and do a light vacuuming if possible. In particular, move breakables such as expensive flower vases, paintings, photo frames and lamps to a separate room or to a safe place to avoid accidents. Also, move light furniture such as plant stands and low coffee tables to make more room for thorough cleaning. Stowaway anything on the floor that may constitute a tripping hazard such as a pair of boots or children’s toys. And if you have a pet, take the necessary precautions to keep it away and safe.
It would be helpful if you moved your furniture away from the cleaning area before we arrive. We don’t mind moving smaller furniture items, such as dining room chairs, as long as we have enough space in which to comfortably and safely move around.
We will not move these items: pianos, electric appliances, artworks, devotional items, heavy beds, glass items or any decorative clay items, etc. We strongly suggest that any delicate or glass items be moved while we’re working in the area.
*If you have large or medium sized furniture you’d like us to move, please let us know at the time of booking so we can arrange for an extra person to accompany the technician.
*Please be advised that there may be an additional charge for m`oving furniture.
Your carpet’s warranty conditions may include a professional cleaning interval suggestion. Recommended standards say that the carpet should be cleaned in from 12 to 18 months interval. —AS/NZS 3733:1995 – Section 2 “Guidelines on carpet maintenance”
It depends on your circumstances. Carpet manufacturers recommend the following intervals for regular professional cleaning:
- For hospitals, every 1 to 3 months
- Schools or homes with children or pets, every 6 months to a year
- Homes without children or pets, every 12 to 18 months
Carpets can be contaminated with micro-organisms, carpet mites, dead skin, and poisonous substances that are in the atmosphere or in the dirt carried in on shoes. Allergies, asthma and other serious or permanent health problems may result if cleaning isn’t carried out on a regular basis.
We have an excellent track record of removing tough stains.
Some carpet stains and spots are more difficult to remove than others. In particular hair dye, permanent marker, pet urine, and blood require special treatment. But rest assured that ApexClean has an array of effective and professional grade stain removal products and cutting edge equipment to deal with even the toughest stains and worst spills. Although we can’t give you a 100% guarantee, we’re most certainly the best choice for the job!
Our promise: “If we can’t get it out, no one can!”
Basic Steam Clean Includes;
- Hot-water extraction clean
- Free carpet light spot removal.
- Free carpet deodorizing.
- Free deodorizing
Advanced Steam Clean Includes;
- Everything in the standard clean +the following
- 3-x better & deeper steam clean, using “Rotovac Rotary” cleaner when appropriate.
- Special restorative care & attention to details
- Free premium deodorizing using essential oil
- Free heavy spot clean
- No charge for moving light furniture
- Faster drying time
- Free eco-friendly pet & child safe premium products
- Discounted price for advanced stain treatment
Budget Cleaning Service Pros and Cons.
- It is the cheapest.
- Provide a reasonable level of maintenance cleaning for a low price.
- Quick drying time.
- No furniture moving, prior vacuuming or heavy treatments.
- You may experience a longer waiting time
- Only off-season limited availability (Please check with us current availability).
Actual cleaning time depends on the area or item to be cleaned, and the type of cleaning process. Please see the table below for a general overview. (Actual time may vary according to the conditions.)
|Set Up & Inspection||45min||45min|
|3-Rooms Carpet Cleaning||20min each area/room||1hr|
|2 Stain Removal Treatment||30min each stain||1hr|
|3 Seater Sofa Cleaning||20min each seat||1hr|
We accept cash or card on the run.
You must pay onsite by the completion of the job if you have not paid in advance. There may be some exceptions for our commercial clients who may reach a prior agreement with us.
We prefer EFTPOS or Debit card, we also accept credit card but there will be a 2.4% card processing charge applies to it.
We can send your receipt by email or text message.
Cleaner & healthier
Schedule a professional carpet steam cleaning now!
Call us for Special Offers 0800-02-02-02
We will clean, refresh & restore your investments, while you Relax & Enjoy!
Carpet, upholstery, rug & mattress are all need to be cleaned and sanitized regularly not only for helthier homes but also for extending the life of your investment.